Menu

Software releases

Xtophe38
2017-09-13
2020-01-27
  • Xtophe38

Xtophe38 - 2017-09-13

Hello,

A beta version of TeemIp discovery has been released. You'll find its description here, under the extension part of the wiki.

The solution is made of 2 components:
    - A discovery engine, called the IP Discovery Application, that discovers IPs through pings, DNS reverse lookups and port scanning,
    - A TeemIp extension, called the IP Discovery Module, that enables communication between a TeemIp instance and discovery engines and that adapts TeemIp's standard data model to store the discovery outputs.

A specific forum has been created on SF for TeemIp discovery.

Important note:
    Though both components are open source, the remote IP Discovery application is accessible through a support subscription that includes consulting and assistance. Such subscription can be acquired at Combodo who you can simply contact here.

Best regards,
    Christophe

• Scrat

Scrat - 2018-01-17

Hi,

I want to test the teemIp Discovery module on a TeemIp test server.

I can't start the discovery, I have no exec.php files from the root directory where the IP Discovery application is installed.
    The only one is in /web/pages/exec.php

I have a Red Hat Enterprise 7.4 server with Apache 2.4.6, mariadb 5.5.56.
    I tested TeemIp 2.1.0, 2.2.0 and iTop with extention

Many Thanks,
    Philippe

• Xtophe38

Xtophe38 - 2018-01-23

Hello Scrat,

Though open source, the IP Discovery Application is not publicly available at this stage. However, I can handover a copy directly to you:
    1. open a request on Combodo web site,
    2. describe your need (so that your request is correctly forwared to me).

Best regards,
    Christophe

• Marcelo Lima

Marcelo Lima - 2018-04-20

Hello Cristophe,

I have the same problem.
      I've installed teemip module in my iTop production , after i've installed the teemip discovery extension.
      The documentations cite files params.local.local and exec.php (as the Vsphere collector extension) but these files not coming with extension module zip package.
      Were i found these files.

Many Thanks,
      Marcelo Lima

Last edit: Marcelo Lima 2018-04-20
  • Xtophe38

Xtophe38 - 2018-04-24

Hello Marcelo,

Thanks for having contacted us to get the extension code. Don't hesitate to provide us with your feedbacks.

Note that this code will probably become available on the wiki in the next few months.

Best regards,
    Christophe

• Percu

Percu - 2018-04-27

Hi,
      I'm having the same issue as Marcelo.
      I've create xml file form the wiki and I can create the discovery application, but I'm not able to make it scan as test.php is not in the zip package

• Xtophe38

Xtophe38 - 2018-05-09

Hello Percu,

For the time being, the discovery application is not freely accessible (see first item of this discussion). However, you can get the code for test purpose: just contact us here and will provide it to you.

Best regards,
    Christophe

• Xtophe38

Xtophe38 - 2019-03-08

Hello,

Late update on this discussion: production release of IP Discovery solution is now available.

The extension part is now included in TeemIp standalone 2.4.0 and you can get it from the wiki, here.

The collector part is available from the wiki as well.

Enjoy !
    Christophe

• Dirk Wolbeck

Dirk Wolbeck - 2020-01-25

Hello Christophe,

I have tried to install the zip file from the website like a manual extension. So I copied the content of the ZIP file into the "extention" folder of the iTop installation and after adjusting the owner properties etc. I ran the iTop setup again. Unfortunately this does not work.

Question: Can the "IP Discovery - Extension" be used as extension under iTop or does it only work with "TeemIp"?

Thanks and best regards
    Dirk

• Xtophe38

Xtophe38 - 2020-01-27

Hello Dirk,

Well, a standard iTop is not enough to host the extension. You need to have TeemIp as a module installed on your iTop.

As you may have seen in the wiki, the discovery application is made of 2 packages:
    1. teemip-ip-discovery-0.4.0-484.zip is the extension that you'll need to install on a TeemIp standalone application or on an iTop where TeemIp as a module has been deployed. This should be done like any other extension.
    2. teemip-ip-discovery-collector-0.3.0-425.zip is the softare / script that is running "by itself". You may install and connect to a central TeemIp (module or standalone with the discovery extension) as many collectors as you want.

Cheers,
    Christophe