Menu

How do I install TDBF on tool palette?

2023-06-06
2024-06-06
  • David Allen

David Allen - 2023-06-06

I followed instructions for installing TDBF on Delphi 10.1 Berlin
    I selected the *.groupproj file and compiled from the right click menu
    Then I Installed the dcltdbf101.bpl from the right click menu.

I do not see the TDBF component in the Tool Palette so cannot use it. How do I get it into the Tool Palette?

The following may be clues as to what went wrong?

Selecting Component>Install Packages, I can see in the Design Package List - TDBF for Delphi 10.1 Berlin and TDBF Delphi 10.1 Berlin runtime but if I click either I get the following Error:

Package
    C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero...\tdbf240.bpl can't be installed because it is not a design time package.

• Paul Baker

Paul Baker - 2023-06-07

What instructions are you following?

You are opening packages\Delphi101\tdbf101.groupproj in the IDE? I would right-click tdbf240.bpl, then Build, then right-click dcltdbf240.bpl, then Install.

It is trying to install tdbf240.bpl, which makes me wonder whether you clicked the wrong one by accident.

I had no problem with the Delphi 11 packages. I compared the Delphi11 folder to the Delphi101 folder and saw no significant differences, so that should work too, but I cannot try to reproduce it because I don't have Delphi 10.1.

Does anyone else with Delphi 10.1 who may be reading this have this problem?

• David Allen

David Allen - 2024-06-06

For anyone still reading this post - the component is installed with the existing 'Data Access' components rather than getting a folder for TDBF. The trouble is there is nothing to tell one to look there so it seems like it was not installed when actually it was installed. See my Tutorial for beginners for other hints.