Menu

Too many compiler warnings

adem0x
2014-03-11
2015-06-24
  • adem0x

adem0x - 2014-03-11

I know it is not that fair when some for-pay code contains even more, but I still feel the need to request this all the same: When I compile Cindy comps, I get far too many compiler warnings.

I have cleaned up my side as much as I can, but that means I will have to redo it all over if I upgrade later. Plus, I only did that for XE2 which may not fit everyone.

Could you please spare time for some spring cleaning.

Last but definitely not least: Thank you for Cindy components.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2014-03-12

Hi,

i myself starting since the beginning of the year to reduce the warnings but maybe you don' t have noticed. It is a long hard work in order to not create bug or compatibility issues between Delphi versions. There' s also some warnings that are not correct in my opinion.

So, i will continue to clean in the future but i can' t waste time just for that.

Regards,
    Mauricio

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2015-06-16

Hi Mauricio,

most of the warnings (W1036, var probably not initialized) could be simply and safe eliminated by initializing them before the try structure.

bmp := nil; // this line is missing
    try
    bmp := Graphics.TBitmap.Create;
    finally
    bmp.Free;
    end;

Regards,
    Chris Ueberall;

• Maurício

Maurício - 2015-06-16

Thanks Chris, i will try to implement this for next release.

Regards,
    Mauricio

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2015-06-21

Hi Mauricio,

Could you please change all of TImageList related property class down to TDragImageList. This should be helpful if we need to use others ImageList eg. TcxImageList.

Note: Some of ImageList component used TDragImageList as their base class, so if we used TImageList, we will not see others in dropdown list.

Regards,

TS

• Maurício

Maurício - 2015-06-24

Hi,

done and avaible in next release.

Regards,
      Mauricio

• Maurício

Maurício - 2015-06-22

Hi,

i will work about this.