Output PDF with grey level

Help
poco06
2014-08-26
2014-08-28
  • poco06

poco06 - 2014-08-26

Hello,

I need to create a pdf file with grey levels for the print.
    Until now, all my pdf are with RGB color.
    I'm integrating a SVG image and have tried to use both RGB and grey level SVG without success.

Is there a way to specify that the PDF file should be in grey level instead of RGB ?
    Thanks
    Pat

• Nicola Asuni

Nicola Asuni - 2014-08-27

YOu can select the grayscale printing on the printing dialog, instead of changing the PDF.

• poco06

poco06 - 2014-08-28

Hello Nicola,
      Thanks for your return.
      The issue is that I need to generate a pdf file that will be automatically used by the printing company. So, the grey scale has to be defined in the PDF file and not due to the external software parameters.

Do you think there is a way to do this?

Just for info, if I use a jpeg file based on grey levels, that's working (the PDF is in grey level). But if I'm using a SVG file, then the PDF is in quadri.

Regards

Last edit: poco06 2014-08-28
  • Nicola Asuni

Nicola Asuni - 2014-08-28

In this case you have to convert your images before adding them to the PDF.
    You can use the ImageMagick class to do that.
    For SVG images you can also serach and replace colors inside the XML using a regular expression.

• poco06

poco06 - 2014-08-28

Nicola,
    If I understand well, TCPDF do not change the grey / colors parameters by itself. This means if I integrate an image (JPG or SVG), the PDF result will depend of the type of the image (grey level or quadri) I have used.
    I am right?
    In that case, the only point is to find the right tool to convert the image in grey levels.

Concerning text, if the color is defined in grey level, the result will be grey level and if the color is defined with rgb, the result will be quadri ?

Regards
    Pat

Last edit: poco06 2014-08-28