Menu

Nicola still alive?

Help
Liam Vans
2015-11-19
2016-05-27
  • Liam Vans

Liam Vans - 2015-11-19

There is quite the list with bugs, but no response for well over two months from Nicola. What's up?

• Nicola Asuni

Nicola Asuni - 2015-11-20

I am good thanks.
    The reason why I am not replying so often to the TCPDF bugs is because I am working on a huge refactoring but it is taking longer than I wanted.
    Some TCPDF parts have been already splitted into individual projects that will compose the new TCPDF library.
    Please have a look at: https://github.com/tecnickcom

I am currently completing the encryption and font library that I hope to publish soon ...

• Liam Vans

Liam Vans - 2015-11-20

Ah, good to hear. Thanks for the update!

• Liam Vans

Liam Vans - 2016-01-06

It's Januari, any news yet?

• Liam Vans

Liam Vans - 2016-03-07

March, stil nothing? Dude, come on... The bugs list is exploding.

• NiklasBr

NiklasBr - 2016-05-25

Any news?

I fully understand that there can be a dozen valid reasons why you don't have the time to work on this. But when you don't even respond to mail with offers to reimburse you for your time to fix issues I must assume something is odd. Have you abandoned the project Nicola?

• Nicola Asuni

Nicola Asuni - 2016-05-25

Several TCPDF functions have been already moved to new separate libraries as you can see from http://www.github.com/tecnickcom but there is still some work to do to put everything together and rewrite the remaining parts.
    This means that the existing TCPDF version is frozen and no further development is expected until the new version is out. Als the majority of bugs were already fixed in the new libraries.
    Unfortunately there is no ETA as I am quite busy and I struggle to find some spare time to work on this.

• NiklasBr

NiklasBr - 2016-05-27

Thanks for the update.