Janko
2008-04-15
2013-04-08
  • Janko

Janko - 2008-04-15

Hi seems to be a great Lib,

but....

I have quite some Problems with the

myConnection.makeSecureWithoutAuthentication()

I get a Timeout at the Handshake even if I set the Server Timeout to 60 sec.

If I run the app without this command it works ok.

Can anybody give me an advice?

Cheers

Janko
    The Manual state
    command

• jhhcvandermeijs

jhhcvandermeijs - 2008-05-25

Yes, somebody is here! Sorry for not responding earlier, but if you wish to have timely responses to the questions that you have, then I do recommend that you mail them to tcpconns@jhhcvandermeijs.nl directly!!! Apparently I do not visit sourceforge.net often enough to have caught your question, sorry for that....

but to answer your question, the problem you are describing never surfaced before. I am very interested in your code! Perhaps it is the timing of the .makeSecureWithoutAuthentication()-methods on client and server; they should be called in sync (i.e. at the same time in your protocol), otherwise the handshake will fail.

Since you haven't mailed me at tcpconns@jhhcvandermeijs.nl and neither have posted another entry to this thread, I sincerely hope that you managed to solve the problem on your own. It would be a shame if you stopped using tcpconns altogether though. Anyways let me know if it worked out ok (what was the problem??), and if it didn't work out ok, I'd appreciate your code (cause I want to know why it didn't work in your application!),

best of all, Jeroen.