From: Daniel A. Steffen <steffen@ic...> - 2004-11-12 22:39:29
today is the code freeze for the upcoming 8.4.8 release. I have built
binaries of Tcl & TkAqua from the current sources for testing (no BI
components yet). The distro version is 8.4.8b1 to distinguish it from
the final release:
Please test and report any serious problems to the tcl/tktoolkit SF
bugtrackers ASAP, 8.4.8 is planned to be tagged sometime next week.
I've summarized the mac specific changes sinc 8.4.7 below, also c.f.
ChangeLogs for details on the many generic changes...
** Daniel A. Steffen ** "And now for something completely
** Dept. of Mathematics ** different" Monty Python
** Macquarie University ** <mailto:steffen@...>
** NSW 2109 Australia ** <http://www.maths.mq.edu.au/~steffen/>
* changes to make TkAqua dynamically loadable, enabling [package
from tclsh. Startup code from tkMacOSXAppInit.c moved into
added code that notifies the window server that an unbundled
a full GUI application after loading Tk. [Patch 1035348]
* documented [wm attributes] on Mac OS X. [Bug 606665]
* implemented TIP 222 [wm attributes -alpha] on Mac OS X. [Patch 892194]
* corrected path to html help inside frameworks.
* button: Don't set the text if compound is NONE and we have and image.
* CG drawing performance improvements.