ANNOUNCE tkpath version 0.2
This package implements path drawing modelled after its SVG counterpart,
It contains replacements for all canvas drawing items except for the text item.
The core part is the path item which is very flexible. For items that are
similar to existing canvas items I have prepended the names with a "p".
The items are:
They are typically much more flexible than their canvas counterparts.
It is also possible to define styles to be used for sets of items.
This is in line with modern design patterns that separate the appearance from
This package is simplest described using screenshots:
There are five backends used for drawing. They are all platform specific
except for the Tk drawing which uses only the API found in Tk.
It is only to be used as a fallback when the cairo backend is missing.
1) CoreGraphics for MacOSX, built using ProjectBuilder
2) GDI for Win32, built by VC++7 (.NET)
3) GDI+ for WinXP, built by VC++7 (.NET), runs also on older system
using the gdiplus.dll
4) cairo (http://cairographics.org), built using the automake system;
the configure.in and Makefile.in files are a hack, so please help
yourself (and me). It requires a cairo 1.0 installation since
incompatible API changes appeared before 1.0 (libcairo.so.2 ?).
5) Tk drawing, fallback for cairo mainly, very basic
BSD style license.
Enjoy, Mats (matben@...)