Hi! I'm Japanese.
I'm glad that clock have japanese locale.
But the locale have some mistakes.
1. In Modern Japan, \u5eff and \u5345 are not used.
2. Japanese month names from ICU2.8 have arabic numbers,
but other parts(years, days, times, etc) have chinese
numbers. So they should be unified by arabic or chinese.
In my opinion, arabic number is good. Because other
date command(GNU,Solaris,etc) use arabic number for %Ec.
3. Japanese Era days are wrong. need +0900 timezone.
Meiji 1873-01-01 00:00:00 +0900
Taisyo 1912-07-30 00:00:00 +0900
Shouwa 1926-12-25 00:00:00 +0900
Heisei 1989-01-08 00:00:00 +0900 (not 1989-01-07)
4. This year is Heisei 19, but output was Heisei 20.
5. some formats(%Ec,%Ex,etc) aren't formats used well in Japan.
I patched this. See attached files, please.
Attached files are patched loadICU.tcl and outputted ja.msg.