Menu

So is anyone gonna continue development on this?

Anonymous
2015-09-06
2017-01-15
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2015-09-06

I know the owner said that if anyone wanted to continue development they were welcome. Just wondering if anyone was actually going to pick up the mantle.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2016-04-27

I sure hope so, but haven't found any signs of it.
    Also haven't found a worthy replacement on Windows (excelt MyLifeOrganized, but that one doesn't sync with anything but itself).
    On Mac 2do works ok for me.

Last edit: Anonymous 2016-04-27
  • J. B.

J. B. - 2016-04-29

In no way would I dream of making any sort of committment to continue Ben's work on TaskUnifier.

But I have definitely forked the source (offline) and I fully intend to at the very least keep my very own personal copy running as long as I can, while the operating system developers throughout the world try desperately to obsolete it.

Read on after you've stopped holding your breath...

Good, good. now THAT said...

Should I at some point feel as if I can do more than simply noodle or tweak with this, I may post a note here, and if I were to feel the love, perhaps release a beta-alpha to see how feasible it would be (and, how painful, as well).

I find that "good intentions" rarely pan out, and the highest and loftiest goals are high and lofty because they are so far beyond the ability of mortal man.

But year after year, I have seen so many fantastic products wither on the vine. Rarely have I found a product like TU that I consider so vital to my every day life. And seeing that horrifying "Abandoned" tag on SourceForge like to broke my heart.

If I'm ever to take on an internet project, and I'm not saying I will, then I think it would be TaskUnifier, because thanks to Ben's generosity, there is a very real possibility of making it happen.

[And I'm still bitter about a competing project that jailed my data to extort purchasing it]

I haven't even gotten it to build yet, as soon as I get a Round Tuit...

Jim

(Check back in a decade or so ;-)

Last edit: J. B. 2016-04-29
    • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2016-05-23

You are right JB, Task unifier is also vital to my daily life also. It's amazing. I hope Ben will come back and will get back to the project one day. Maybe he's too busy with something else in his life. I am running in the red right now but as soon as I have a few dollars aside, I will send him a few Euros. I wish everybody would do this. After all, it's still working. HOwever... be careful not to update your Linux Java! I will write an article on this. It stopped working yesterday.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2016-05-05

I also use Task Unifier as a major part of my personal organisation. It is the only organiser that really works for me. Unfortunately I have no programming ability otherwise I would offer to help.
    I will continue to use this software as long as it is able to synch with Toodledo and just hope that some kind sole will be able to stop this fantastic software from dying.

Best Regards to my fellow users

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2016-05-16

"Me too"!

A product definately worth further development !

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2016-06-07

I´ve been using Taskunifier for some years, while I´ve had to do clean installations of Windows already multiple times, but I always install Taskunifier amongst the first programs back to my computer. I just cannot find any other as flexible and reasonable task management software that is not cloud based. It would be great if someone continued the program, there are only few things missing to make it perfect!

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2016-06-07

Am new to Task Unifier and really like it. Haven't found something that fills its niche quite as well.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2016-08-24

It's the best Task tools ever seen. pls keep update.

• nnako

nnako - 2017-01-05

Hi, I am new to TaskUnifier... and I am a programmer ;-)

You people seem to like this tool very much. Could you tell me, which of it's features are so overwhelming (compared to other task management tools out there) and what find of features you are missing? What about TaskCoach's features?

Thanks.

Last edit: nnako 2017-01-05
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2017-01-15

Hard to list all the functions, but it really is the best of its kind and I have tried them all, I am not looking forward to the time it stops syncing with Toodledo.I use it for all my organisation needs

• dpbaril

dpbaril - 2017-01-31

If haven't used TU for a year or so but I would be willing to contribute to a crowdfunding project to get it supported. I still think it's one of the best task management applications in the field.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2017-02-02

@nnako - 2017-01-05 :
    Wenn das Programm TaskCoach auch Aufgaben aus Outlook heraus erstellen könnte, könnte ich mich gut damit anfreunden. Leider gibt es die Outlook-Funktion nur bis Office2010 ...

Anonymous
Anonymous

Add attachments
Cancel