What is t38modem?
* From your fax or voice application view point it's a fax/voice modem pool.
* From IP network view point it's a H.323/SIP endpoint with T.38 fax support.
* From your view point it's a gateway between an application and IP network.
In this release the following changes were done:
* (OPAL) Implemented G.711 fallback to fax pass-through mode.
* (OPAL) Added ability to disable T.38 fax mode.
* (OPAL) Implemented multiple per-route options to override command line
options (NOTE: the route comma delimiter in command line was deprecated
for this reason).
* Added ability to set Q.931 bearer capability information element for
* Enabled dialing characters # and * in extension number.
* Replaced hardcoded timeouts by S7 value (V.250).
* (OPAL) Implemented fake audio codecs G.722, G.722.1, G.722.2,
G.723.1, G.723.1(5.3k), G.723.1A(5.3k), G.723.1A(6.3k), G.726-16K,
G.726-24K, G.726-32K, G.726-40K, G.728, G.729, G.729A, G.729A/B,
G.729B, GSM-06.10, GSM-AMR, iLBC.
* (OPAL) Restored and improved ability to set error recovery redundancy for
* (OPAL) Restored and improved ability to continuously re-send last UDPTL
* (OPAL) Implemented fallback to alternate route option.
* (OPAL) Added ability to build with OPAL configured to disable H.323 or
SIP protocol support.
* Allowed "+ A B C D" dialing digits in called number.
* Added ignoring unrecognized dialing digits (V.250).
* Implemented dial string terminated by a semicolon ("ATD<dialstring>;[...]").
* Implemented fake Ring Tone and Busy Tone generation for voice-modem mode.
* Replaced hardcoded workaround for mgetty-voice by conditional-compiling one
* Added ability to put called number to Caller ID info with NAME or NMBR tags.
* Fixed some other bugs and incompatibilities. Made some other improvements.
Added some other options.
The t38modem can be downloaded from
The homepage for t38modem project is http://t38modem.sourceforge.net/
Log in to post a comment.