Menu

t38modem compile error

Help
Enzo Nieri
2010-05-17
2013-05-28
  • Enzo Nieri

Enzo Nieri - 2010-05-17

Getting this error while trying to compile t38modem (centos)

# PTLIBDIR=/usr/local/share/ptlib make USE_OPAL=1 USE_UNIX98_PTY=1
    make DEBUG= default_target
    make: Entering directory `/root/t38modem'
    opal/h323ep.cxx
    opal/h323ep.cxx:98: error: conflicting return type specified for Б─≤virtual void MyH323Connection::AdjustMediaFormats(OpalMediaFormatList&) constБ─≥
    /root/opal/include/opal/connection.h:1853: error:   overriding Б─≤virtual ptlib_virtual_function_changed_or_removed****** OpalConnection::AdjustMediaFormats(OpalMediaFormatList&) constБ─≥
    opal/h323ep.cxx: In member function Б─≤virtual void MyH323Connection::AdjustMediaFormats(OpalMediaFormatList&) constБ─≥:
    opal/h323ep.cxx:361: error: no matching function for call to Б─≤MyH323Connection::AdjustMediaFormats(OpalMediaFormatList&) constБ─≥
    /root/opal/include/opal/rtpconn.h:439: note: candidates are: virtual void OpalRTPConnection::AdjustMediaFormats(bool, OpalMediaFormatList&, OpalConnection*) const
    make: ***  Error 1
    make: Leaving directory `/root/t38modem'
    make: ***  Error 2

opal, ptlib trunk
    t38modem latest cvs stable

• Vyacheslav Frolov

What is latest cvs stable?
    With opal, ptlib trunk use t38modem latest cvs.

• Enzo Nieri

Enzo Nieri - 2010-05-18

latest cvs stable (as from http://t38modem.sourceforge.net/) - " cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@t38modem.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/t38modem co -P -r RELEASED t38modem "
    Used "latest snapshot" and get it working :)).

Besides, getting some issues with * + t38modem when trying to send multipage faxes. It passes only first page.
    While if I use t38modem with cirpack - everything goes fine - delivering as many pages as i want.

• aldanet

aldanet - 2011-09-27

It seems that small changes in opal or ptlibs will cause errors in t38modem compilation.

It's really hard to find the proper combination of versions t38modem-opal-ptlib. I have spent a whole week unsuccessfully.

I tried t38 1.2.0, opal 3.6.4 ptlib 2.6.4  and got errors.

Now I'm triyng t38 2.0.0, opal 3.8.0 but it requires ptlib 2.7.1 (I don't know where to get it). I have ptlib 2.9.1 but also give errors.

It would be good if opal and ptlib are included in t38modem repositories, and to have a "configure" file.

Is's a shame  that great piece of software not being able to be used!!

Dario Alvarez

It should be good if  

• church

church - 2011-09-27

If one wishes to get latest release, why not grab tarball instead of getting same via cvs?
    And why not simply use opal (and included ptlib) versions that are located near release tarball?
    This version combination of these three does build & work for me.

• aldanet

aldanet - 2011-09-27

Thanks chrchx:

I tried using ptlib 2.9.0 and still got errors.

Which ptlib version should I use?

Where PTLIBDIR and OPALDIR should point to? Some guys tell they should point to the source code directories, and others say to /usr/local/share/ptlib

It's really a challenge!!

D. Alvarez

• church

church - 2011-09-29

I never told i used 2.9. I told i used ones that are posted alongside in same page of t38modem-2.0.0 page i linked to. IIRC those are some specific cvs tag versions that are taken before some incompatible changes had been made to opal/ptlib.
    Check that link in previous post of mine.
    * t38modem-2.0.0.tgz
    * opal-24174.tgz <-- ! (includes opal and ptlib version that WFM. From versioning in files it looks like some 2.9 beta release)