Justin Wood - 2015-07-23

I am using an Avaya IP Office for my PBX which only allows for registering individual SIP endpoints, not SIP trunks.

I am using Hylafax+ for sending and receiving faxes with t38modem as the modem<->sip interface between.

In order to achieve what I would like to achieve, I need to be able to register multiple users and extensions with the Avaya IP Office.

An example of one of the t38modem commandlines with options is

t38modem --sip-proxy itfax2550:123456@XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX --sip-register XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX --no-h323 -u 2551 -p +/dev/ttysip1 --route "sip:.=modem:{DIDforFAX}" --route "modem:.*=sip:<dn>@XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX;OPAL-Disable-T38-Mode=true;OPAL-Enable-Audio=G.711-uLaw-64k" --no-force-t38-mode

What I would like to be able to do is to register multiple extensions within the IPO to allow for multiple extensions for faxing.

The --route:.*=modem:{DIDforFAX}" just allows me to easily route the fax within hylafax using the fax phone number rather than the extension which is provided by the IP Office PBX to t38modem during a call.

For now, my only choice is to either register multiple extensions with my PBX or multiple sip trunks with my carrier (and multiple registrations) - so there isn't an apparent work around for me.

Any ideas?