SystemImager is software which automates Linux installs, software distribution, and production deployment.
SystemImager makes it easy to do automated installs (clones), software distribution, content or data distribution, configuration changes, and operating system updates to your network of Linux machines. You can even update from one Linux release version to another!
The 4.0.2 is a maintenance release that includes a bunch of fixes. The most critical is a fix in the rsync transport, that, under certain circumstances, could cause the failure of the imaging process reporting a lot of errors like the following:
rsync: failed to set times on "FILE": Function not implemented (38)
The details of this issue are described in this thread:
The other important fixes are the following:
- some fixes in UYOK to correctly detect a valid initrd in RHEL/Centos distributions
- a fix in UYOK to properly detect the boot device for systemconfigurator
- a fix in UYOK to properly detect a valid initrd also for statically built kernels
- allow to execute the fast-rebooting post-install action also with RHEL5/Centos5 kernels
- perform a better selection to exclude not necessary NFS files during the cloning
- get around "tar: Unknown typeflag: 0x4c" error in Playstation 3 imaging
- some minor fixes in Playstation 3 imaging
The complete list of changes can be found in the changelog (http://svn.systemimager.org/filedetails.php?repname=systemimager&path=%2Ftags%2F4.0.2%2FCHANGE.LOG&rev=0&sc=0).
Source and binary packages are available here:
You can find additional informations about our email lists, IRC, bug reports, etc at: http://www.systemimager.org.
-the SystemImager team
Log in to post a comment.