SystemImager is software which automates Linux installs, software distribution, and production deployment.
SystemImager makes it easy to do automated installs (clones), software distribution, content or data distribution, configuration changes, and operating system updates to your network of Linux machines. You can even update from one Linux release version to another!
About one year has gone by since we released the previous stable version 3.6.3. Now we are proud to present the new stable release: SystemImager 3.8.0. If you look at the change log (below) you can see that 3.8.0 includes only few bug fixes respect to the previous unstable release 3.7.6 (in particular regarding the RSYNC over SSH transport), but it has consistent core changes respect to the previous stable version.
The most important improvements from 3.6.3 are:
- the BitTorrent transport is now available, reliable and well-tested in production environments (strongly recommended in big installations - in our tests we were able to install 150 clients in 4min!)
- UYOK is well tested and it has proven to be the solution to support every kind of hardware that could be present in the clients to auto-install
- the monitoring engine is more scalable (now it is able to support thousands of clients) and the monitoring GUI is more user-friendly
- the RSYNC over SSH transport has been re-written to fully work with SystemImager components only (you don't need to setup an external web server or use floppy disks to distribute SSH keys)
- SystemImager 3.8.0 is more portable across distributions (it works on any distribution, as well as you can auto-install any distribution)
- now you can create auto-install USB drive (via si_mkautoinstalldisk)
- the documentation have been fully rewritten and migrated to the wiki page http://wiki.systemimager.org.
SystemImager 3.8.0 is compatible with old 3.6.3 images, scripts, etc.
You can download source and binary packages here: https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=259&package_id=278&release_id=488798
The detailed changelog is available here: http://svn.systemimager.org/filedetails.php?repname=systemimager&path=%2Ftags%2F3.8.0%2FCHANGE.LOG&rev=0&sc=0
You can find information about our email lists, IRC, bug reports, etc at: http://wiki.systemimager.org.
-the SystemImager team