I'm back from sailing the high seas and into the thick of synfig stuff.
While I was away:
* lots of patches were sent in
* some patches were applied to svn
* a new unofficial Win32 build was created
* questions were asked on irc
Stuff achieved for the next release:
* We have a Win32 build maintainer, for at least a year (welcome Atrus)!
* g++ no longer seems to miscompile synfig and if it does there is a simple workaround
* the OOM condition when building synfigstudio on non-i386 platforms may not occur, **this needs testing**
* Lots of crashers and other bugs fixed
* A couple of small features added
* Some parts of the UI were reworked
Things that still need to be fixed for the release:
* We need a MacOS build maintainer and a good MacOS build (preferably a universal build).
Things that we probably should fix, not sure if they are release blockers or not, please provide feedback about this:
* The synfigstudio gif, dv, ffmpeg and imagemagick targets still crash. synfig ones are fine though.
Stuff that would be nice, but isn't essential:
* Move away from the bootstrap scripts to autoreconf
* Make synfig and synfigstudio relocatable (ala portableapps.com)
* Fix all the bugs and add all the feature requests
* Achieve world peace :)
Log in to post a comment.