I merged the EditOptionDialog patch of Ryan J. Mills
(rjmills) with the 201b version.
Original patch:  Modifications to the
"Modifications to the SynEditOptions Dialog
This modified SynEditOptions Dialog component add
support for turning pages on or off programmatically.
As well as adding a page for customizing the colors of
the specified SynHighlighters."
The original patch uses TColorBox as the color picker
which is in my opinion is a good choice, however it
might not be available below D6 or D7 (see known
I made some modifications to the original patch:
- Changed the new control's names to make them a
little bit more consistent with the other controls on the
- Removed the internal FHighlighters list as the
combobox already holds references to the temporary
highlighter instances. I think it was necessary as the
combobox is sorted alphabetically and this might cause
bugs as the order of items in the two list might be
- Changed ColorBox properties to handle custom and
system colors better.
- TColorBox most probably is not available below D7
- The same color picker "Combo" should be used on
Do we really want to support older Delphi versions?
Log in to post a comment.