Wallpaper alignment on multiple monitors.

2014-04-24
2014-04-25
  • Justin Stressman

I have 3 monitors setup, but I have the far right monitor in portrait mode, with the 2 on the left in landscape mode.

The problem I'm having is that I have the landscape mode monitors aligned with the center of the portrait mode monitor, but SyncWall only allows them to be top or bottom aligned in the settings.

So the resulting wallpaper is half way off the left 2 screens, leaving huge black areas.

Is there any way to disable that snap to top or bottom behavior so that it will actually use something like the position of my actual screens?

Or for Gnome 3, have it read the ~/.config/monitors.xml file to read the exact positions of the monitors and create the wallpaper to match their resolution, orientation, etc?

SyncWall is easily the best wallpaper program I've found here on Linux for my multiple desktops. I only ran into this problem with I changed that one monitor to portrait mode for some specific work and tried to set a new wallpaper.

Thanks for all your hard work! :)

• xbee

xbee - 2014-04-25

Yes, now syncwall allows only top or bottom alignment because it was the "standard" case I saw before. I wanted to keep as simple as possible the configuration without having to take multiple existing configurations into account (distribution/wm/os).
    The simple thing to do for me is to add a "center" alignment, is that enough for you ?

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks