Menu

code

2000-08-03
2000-08-04
  • Timothy Gregory

Timothy Gregory - 2000-08-03

Andy:

I think I understand how your code works and how to implemement new functions into the RT system, if I have any questions I will ask, I do have one question, how often would you recomend mouse and interface functions to run every 2 seconds or what? and mouse and interface functions I think they would have a high priority(I'm just seeking advice on what priorities and how often to have these tasks run). when I looked at your code for the second counting there was a 1, I';m assuming the 1 means one second, what part of the line there is for priority?  I'll experiment after I get back from work.

Like I think I mentioned before I haven't worked with real time system on the coding level before, I'll have this figured out pretty soon, though

Thank you for your help :)

Sincerely:
    MacGregor
    (Tim)

• Andy Jennings

Andy Jennings - 2000-08-04

If you're using the latest version of the RT system there are three different ways to initialize your tasks.  Check task.h.  It shows how the three different tasks forms are constructed.
      Two seconds is a pretty long time for the mouse to wait.  I would make it a continuous task.  That means that it runs when nothing else needs to run.  This is probably how the entire interface should run.  Especially if we plan to make this into a network game.

-Andy

• Andy Jennings

Andy Jennings - 2000-08-04

One more little note.  Fractions of seconds are fine.  If you want to make the mouse stuff in a sample or interupt task I would use about .1 seconds