Menu

Syn Scripting

Modelizer
2006-07-29
2013-04-17
  • Modelizer

Modelizer - 2006-07-29

Hello everybody,

I'm new user of Syn, even if i discovered it a while ago. It didn't met my requirements. But with the functionnality of active scripting, it had take a new dimension that i want to explore. The aim is to make scripts for efficient code writing.

I was wondering where one can find the scripts submitted by Syn users. If someone has already done what i'm looking for, it's not necessary for me to rewrite it. And in the case that nobody has alerady done it, where can i post my scripts?

Actually, i'm interrested in scripts for :
      - speeding up code writing. with functionnality like automatic functions/bracket/... closing,
      - pretty multi-line comment writing, add the stars or what else at the begining of the line, when pressing return
      - pretty formatting, arrows used to navigate quickly from hot spot to another, when outgoing a spot it reformat it automaticly
      - for c programming : a script that construct the squelette of a file regarding functions declaration in header file.

About scripts, is it possible to make them run in background, as a thread. Or are they just one pass functions?

• Paul Gardner

Paul Gardner - 2006-08-16

I think that Syn Scripting is single pass, and not event based, so the first two of your examples are not, I believe, possible.

Syn installs with some basic script examples.  Other than that, you can send them to one of the mailing lists, or past them into a message here or in one of the other forums.