Nokia 6600 + Oggplay = worries...HELP!

Help
Faraaz
2004-12-08
2013-04-25
  • Faraaz

Faraaz - 2004-12-08

Hi, I've just got this program a couple of days back, and I'm trying to get it to work on my Nokia 6600. Firstly, I installed the 1.5.1 version of Oggplay on my 6600 but it failed to recognize MP3 and AAC files, so I switched to the 1.00 version. Now, whenever I transfer files to my inbox from the computer, and then transfer them to my MMC using Forward, the files don't show up in Oggplay. When I do run it from the inbox, the files open up in Voice Recorder.

Now...my questions:

1) Is there any way to get MP3s and AAC files to run on my phone with Oggplay? How about other open source software?

2) What can I do to make sure that the .ogg files I put on my phone are recognized by Oggplay? Is there any particular folder to put them in? If so, which one?

• Leo Bistmans

Leo Bistmans - 2004-12-21

1) never tried mp3.   mp32ogg is an application you can find on ubuntu gnu/linux (for example) to cure your problem by converting .mp3 to .ogg.

2) Within the options of oggplay program, you can scan for new ogg files.   It even found one that was in the mail directory ... so the scan/find function works excellent for me ( on Nokia 6600 ).   Make sure you did not select to only look in a specific directory for your ogg files via the preferences.

Good luck.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks