Menu

symbian 9.1 (S60 3.0) port

joy ping
2006-07-08
2013-04-25
  • joy ping

joy ping - 2006-07-08

hi devs,
    how far is the port for S60 3.0. i just got a N91 and want to try out oggplay. i have a full blown dev system metroworks+carbide and have to write some apps for S69 3.0 anyway, so i could help out with porting.

• Rene Castberg

Rene Castberg - 2006-07-08

Sorry can't answer your question directly as i am not involved in the development.
      I know that there were problems with regard to the mmf build, but i know that Nokia/Symiban have now released an update to the sdk which is specific to enable mmf.
      Have you tried building oggplay? I have been temped to try  myself as they have supposidly manged to get it to build, but haven't got that far yet (as i have a hd space problem in windows), the build  instuctions are in the cvs repositry.

René

• joy ping

joy ping - 2006-07-09

yes i tried a build. with carbide. i succeeded to do an emulator build, but the app gives me an system error while starting. i have still problems with a native build. rss-files in oggplay and libvorbisdec.

• Miguel

Miguel - 2006-07-10

I am trying to port it to S60 3.0 too, I will update with you about my progress. I have tried building it  with VS command tools, but was not successful due to some reason.

• Stefano

Stefano - 2006-07-12

please keep me informed thanks :)
      i need oggplay on my nokia e61 ;-)

thanks !

• Stefano

Stefano - 2006-08-13

any news on this port ? , thanks :)