Menu

when will oggplay for s60 3rd be released?

nokia7
2006-09-05
2013-04-25
  • nokia7

nokia7 - 2006-09-05

hi,fig7

1st thx for your hard work.

yet so many ppl have used s60 3rd phones.
    so I just want to know when you will release new version of oggplay for 3rd?

tnx in advanced :)

• neoufo51

neoufo51 - 2006-09-07

I second this. There is no other audio player for the growing symbian phone market that is free and can play this many formats and have advanced features like skinning and such. This would make a big splash and we in the e-series usership would love to use this player.

• dsa sa

dsa sa - 2006-09-07

I have no problem to use the normal mp3 player with the ad-46 with ptt keys. I think the oggplay can not support the ptt keys.

• Stuart Fisher

Stuart Fisher - 2006-09-07

What makes you think OggPlay won't be able to support the AD-46 keys? If they really are "keys" then they will generate key events making them easy to support. Of course they might not work that way...

• Alastor

Alastor - 2006-09-08

hello, fig7!
      (Excuse for my english)
      I have Nokia E61, and if it possible, I want to be beta-tester for OggPlay
      Thank you

• Stuart Fisher

Stuart Fisher - 2006-09-09

Consider yourself added Alastor. Look out for an email from me later today.

• hecke

hecke - 2006-09-09

Dear Stuart Fisher,
      I have a Nokia N80 and I would be happy,when i can be a beta-tester of oggplay.My E-Mail Adress is:

hecke1992@t-online.de

Thanks

• Rogue

Rogue - 2006-09-10

Hello Stuart Fisher,
      if possible, I also would like to participate the beta testing.
      I have got an E61 too, hopefully soon with the new firmware of the E61

• Rogue

Rogue - 2006-09-10

Oh, my mail adress is FalkeX@web.de

• ur-quan

ur-quan - 2006-09-10

Hello, i want to help with beta-testing of oggplay too. My phone is nokia E70.

My email address is egor.alexeev[at]gmail.com

• am88b

am88b - 2006-09-12

I have Nokia N91 and I'd be happy to participate in the beta testing. My e-mail is kala{at}mumak{dot}ee

• neoufo51

neoufo51 - 2006-09-12

I have a Nokia E70 and would be absolutely thrilled to participate as well. I can be reached at neoufo51(at)yahoo.com

• Stuart Fisher

Stuart Fisher - 2006-09-12

To answer the original question:
      Today!

• Szabi113

Szabi113 - 2006-09-12

Thank you very much!!! I love it! Work whit N80 :)

• xtemujin

xtemujin - 2006-09-22

I'm using a N73 and could not get Oggplay, Series 60 V3, to display correctly the characters as it appears on the screen as square boxes. I've restarted my handphone before starting Oggplay.

I was not able to load the mcNuOggPlayQVGA.SIS into my N73 but I was able to load and try the rest of the skins.

However, I'm still getting the boxes.

TIA.

• Dr No.

Dr No. - 2006-09-25

Work fine on my N73, i have to say though, the sound quality is not as good as the player included with N73, partialy because the included player has an Equalizer with it. But i still like Oggplay because it supports more media formats. Would love to see that Equalizer thingi. The problems i faced were, during incomming calls, i do not recieve any notification in headphones. And i cant seem to play it in background. Apart from that, interface is very simple and easy to use.

• Stuart Fisher

Stuart Fisher - 2006-09-27

xtemujin:
      I can make you a skin that will work on the N73, but I need to know which fonts are installed on your phone. Install a file browser (e.g. Y-browser) and find out what files are in z:\resource\fonts. Cheers.

Dr. No:
      I'm working on getting the equalizer integrated into OggPlay. At the moment you can run the music player and OggPlay at the same time. Changes you make to the equalizer will affect the audio playback in OggPlay, but you must leave the music player running in the background. You'll also have to manually "activate" the preset you want before starting playback in OggPlay.

In other words:
      1. Start OggPlay
      2. Start the music player
      3. Go to the equalizer page and activate your preset (you have to do this even if it is already selected)
      4. Go back to OggPlay and play your oggs.

Stuart

• xtemujin

xtemujin - 2006-09-27

Stuart,

These three fonts are installed on my N73.

1) S60SC.ccc
      2) S60TCHK.cc
      3) S60ZDIGI.TTF

Thanks.

• Stuart Fisher

Stuart Fisher - 2006-09-27

That's not exactly what I wanted to hear :-(

I've no idea what the .ccc files are. I was expecting there to be more .ttf files (my E60 has about 16 different TrueType fonts).

I'm guessing that you have a Chinese (or Japanese?) version of the N73 and that the .ccc files are actually Chinese fonts.

What I actually need to know is the name of the fonts, but this is actually embedded within the file itself (it's not the same as the file name unfortunately).

Searching on Google got me the following link but it's in Japanese so I can't make any sense of it. Maybe it tells you the name of the fonts somewhere?

http://www.nokiafun.jp/archives/300change_japanese/301fonts/nokias60ttfccc.html

Cheers,
      Stuart

• Roger So

Roger So - 2006-10-04

The .ccc are a type of TrueType fonts; yes they are Chinese fonts.

S60SC.ccc is "Sans MT 936", and is a Simplified Chinese font.

S60TCHK.ccc is "Sans MT UniT_HKSCS", and is a Traditional Chinese font with HKSCS.

• Roger So

Roger So - 2006-11-02

OK I got this solved.  It turns out I had to use "Sans MT  UniT_HKSCS_S60" as the font name, with 2 spaces between "MT" and "UniT".

I've modified the mcNuOggPlayN80 skin to use this font.  They're available here:

http://spacehunt.info/files/

The TCHK version uses the Traditional Chinese font, while the SC version uses the Simplified Chinese font ("Sans MT 936_S60", single space after "MT").  Although honestly I can't tell the difference between the two; Traditional Chinese displays fine even if I select the SC skin.

Hope this helps.

• sumedha_

sumedha_ - 2006-09-28

Great job!
      Just one request .... Nokia N91 has dedicated keys for music. Is it possible to map these keys to the OGGPlay controls ? I wasn't able to do that.

Thanks,
      Great work! Keep it up!

• Dr No.

Dr No. - 2006-09-28

WoW! Thanks stuart, it works. And sound qality is as good as internal player if i play MP3's. It is even better if i play OGG encoded files. Hotkeys works fine with me but only work when OGGPlay is in focus, probably that is the way they are intended for now, but it would be great if you guys in future can come up with a way to map them to dedicated music keys that some of the phones have. Thanks again guys for this fantastic software.

• silvadragn

silvadragn - 2006-09-30

Thanks for this great player! It works well on my e61. :o) I noticed that the bass reduces after a couple minutes of playing. The bass would then kick in when i adjust the volume.

I'm also having problems trying to get the iPogg 2 and winamp skins to work on my E61 s60 v3. Thanks again for the help.

• transmentis

transmentis - 2006-11-14

I installed the OggPlayS60V3_1_70.SIS and the mcNuOggPlayQVLS.SIS skin file on my Nokia E61.

I wanted to have a wma player but found that the wma codec is disabled.

Is there a way to make this work or is it a shortcoming that will be solved in the final version?

Thank.