Menu

Oggplay for UIQ3

2006-07-16
2013-04-25
  • Malcolm Bryant

Malcolm Bryant - 2006-07-16

Any interest in developing Oggplay for UIQ3 devices such as the M600i and the P990i?  Anyone working on this conversion yet?

Thanks,
    Malcolm
    www.freepoc.org

• Stuart Fisher

Stuart Fisher - 2006-07-18

No. All of the other versions give me enough pain and suffering as it is, so there is no chance that I'll ever work on a UIQ3 port.

We do have a couple of other UIQ developers but I don't know if any of them would be interested in UIQ3. Maybe you could email Leif and ask him.

Stuart

• Malcolm Bryant

Malcolm Bryant - 2006-07-19

Well that's a pretty clear answer ;-)

I did email Leif and he has no plans to work on a UIQ3 port either.

Best regards,
        Malcolm

• Martin

Martin - 2006-09-25

Maybe we should raise a fund to get it done by those who are able to do the port.

I would like to spend some (reasonable) amount if I got an OggPlay for my new P990i.

Despite its new and quite improved media player, OggPlay is still smarter. And my entire sound library is Ogg for years.

Martin

• Stuart Fisher

Stuart Fisher - 2006-09-27

The problem is that it's quite a lot of work. With each new OS release development becomes more and more difficult and time consuming. I'd estimate that to do the UIQ3 port would be at least 2 weeks full time development work. Add another week or two if there are porting issues (and that is highly likely, unfortunately).

I have had an email from someone who is interested in doing the port so I'll get in touch with him and find out how serious / experienced he is.

It's also possible that you could just use the mmf plugin as it is (the mmf plugin should work on UIQ3 without any changes, in principle). I've no idea though if it could be loaded by the built-in media player.

Stuart

• Neuer_User

Neuer_User - 2006-10-21

Hi

I'm also interested in a port to UIQ3. I used oggplay for a long time on my P800. It was the best program on it ;-)

You mentioned that the mmf plugin might work with the built-in media player. I'd like to try this. What so I need to do? (Where to I get the plugin from? Where do I need to put it?)

Thanks for this great program,

Michael