Feature request: bookmark functionallity

eirikso
2005-08-08
2013-04-25
  • eirikso

eirikso - 2005-08-08

For podcasts and audiobooks it is important that the player you are using remember where you left off if you stop playing a file half way because these files are often very long.

If the team could implement some kind of bookmark-functionallity (or "resume where left off...") in OggPlay it would make a mobile phone the perfect device for listening to podcasts and audiobooks.

Anyway, it is a great player and one of the best in my small roundup here:
    http://www.eirikso.com/2005/08/05/using-a-nokia-6630-to-listen-to-podcasts-and-mp3/

Thank you for an excellent product!

• Nick Allan

Nick Allan - 2005-08-14

Agreed, I'd love to see a bookmark feature for oggplay for exactly the same reasons already stated.  Being totally blind and having a nokia 6680 phone that talks and can also replace a non-accessible standalone mp3 player would be fantastic.

Regards Nick

• David Fishburn

David Fishburn - 2009-04-26

Does anyone know if this feature was roughed in at all (even if not available yet)?

Just wondering how you would do this?
        Write out a file and one line per bookmark?

I am also interested in using this for Audiobooks and bookmarking locations is absolutely essential.

Thanks,
        Dave

• Stuart Fisher

Stuart Fisher - 2005-08-27

This is a feature that would be good to add. I'm currently working on 1.0.8 for non-MMF but once I've got that done I'll take a look at adding bookmarks.

Stuart

• lukeskyd

lukeskyd - 2005-10-28

oggplay should play *.kar files support plss... none player on symbian have this feature.. could be the first..maybe??