Menu

ported MMF plugin to S60 3.0 - success

2006-08-30
2013-04-25
  • Alex Kanavin

Alex Kanavin - 2006-08-30

Hi folks,

so now that the MMF support for 3.0 devices is back, I have built and tested the MMF controller plugin from symbianoggplay project under the 3.0 MR emulator. There are some small quirks, but vorbis files play well in the platform music player (if a file is selected from media gallery or file browser - music collection feature of the player unfortunately does not recognize vorbis files). You can also add them to track lists, and track metadata is shown correctly.

Symbian OggPlay development seemed to have stalled lately, and there never was a full S60 3.0 release, even for testing. However, just a few days ago there was some CVS activity, but no word from the developer what to expect. If a new version does not surface sometime soon-ish, I might maintain the MMF plugin as a separate project.

Regards,
    Alex

• Stuart Fisher

Stuart Fisher - 2006-08-30

"Symbian OggPlay development seemed to have stalled lately, and there never was a full S60 3.0 release, even for testing"

That's because it still isn't ready. The front-end and non-MMF version are 95% done: there are only a couple more things to do before I can send out a beta. I think it will be ready before the end of the week.

I haven't done any work on the MMF side so if you've got a working version of the plugin please can you send me the changes required to get it working.

Thanks,
      Stuart

• Alex Kanavin

Alex Kanavin - 2006-08-30

Just sent you the patch by email :)