Menu

Feature req.: Leave backlight on

2008-01-14
2013-04-25
  • Heng-Leung Chau

Heng-Leung Chau - 2008-01-14

I've got a suggestion for OGGPlay's further development, which I would like to share here. :)

How about a feature in order to leave the backlights of the smartphone turned on?
    This is useful for those people (me for instance ;)), who use their phone as a MP3/OGG/FLAC player in their cars.
    It's very annoying when the lights turn off after a few secs, harming the overall coolness factor ;)

Although there's a workaround for this (starting the torch application and put it in the background),
    but I hope it's possible to incorporate this (hopefully) small feature in the already powerful and cool oggplay, making it *the uberapplication for symbian* :D

• mocelet

mocelet - 2008-01-14

Great idea, as long as we can have reduced light levels as well to save the battery and/or prevent glare at night.

One comment on 1.71 and on request for the future:

Comment: On my E65, with the MMF version, the horizontal lines behind the text do not line up with the lines of text. Are they meant to?

Request: If I press the red "call end" button to close OGGPlay, it forgets where I was. Since I mainly listen to podcasts (30-60 minutes) it is a bind to FF to the right place, assuming I can remember which one I was listening to! Could OGGPlay either resist being closed when the red button is pressed, instead just go into the background, and/or save the current position when it is closed so that it can restart in the same place?

Thanks for a great app.

• Stuart Fisher

Stuart Fisher - 2008-01-14

Comment: On my E65, with the MMF version, the horizontal lines behind the text do not line up with the lines of text. Are they meant to?

You have restarted your phone, right? If you haven't do it now. If you have and the lines still don't match up then I'm a bit confused as they are fine here (on the S60 emulator at least).

Request: If I press the red "call end" button to close OGGPlay, it forgets where I was. Since I mainly listen to podcasts (30-60 minutes) it is a bind to FF to the right place, assuming I can remember which one I was listening to! Could OGGPlay either resist being closed when the red button is pressed, instead just go into the background, and/or save the current position when it is closed so that it can restart in the same place?

This is on the list of things to do for 1.72

• mocelet

mocelet - 2008-01-14

Phone restart: Ummm, no I hadn't. Now I have. It all lines up now. Thanks.

New interface looks really nice.

Great news about 1.72. I won't ask when it is due for release, what with 1.71 only just being released, but as soon as possible please :-)

I am happy to beta test if required.