Menu

S60 v3 - the red button

mocelet
2007-08-22
2013-04-25
  • mocelet

mocelet - 2007-08-22

I have recently upgraded from a 6680 to an E65, so I have installed the S60 v3 version of Oggplay.

The main difference I notice is that if I press the red "hang up" button when in OggPlay to get back to the standby screen, if playback is paused it now closes OggPlay completely, whereas on the 6680 it would just put it into the background. The workaround is to open the menu first, thgen press the red button, but I often forget!

Since I listen to podcasts up to an hour long each, this results in much FFing to get back to where I was in the file.

So, I have two requests:

1) Could OggPlay be made resistant to being closed when the red button is pressed, even when paused?
    2) Could OggPlay remember where you are in a file when it is closed (either manually or by the OS), so that on restarting the app it can start playing where you left off?

Thanks for a great app!

Richard

• adolfotregosa

adolfotregosa - 2008-01-15

Man you REALLY took the idea out of my head !! i really wish that they add these features into oggplay

• misjah

misjah - 2008-01-15

The red button is different in s60 3rd edition, it`s built like exit button because many people think that is the way for exiting apps. you can avoid this by installing freeware app called ``no red close``