Menu

SwitchMap 13.0 released

2013-02-05
2014-01-29
  • Pete Siemsen

Pete Siemsen - 2013-02-05

I just put version 13.0 on sourceforge. Here's the changes:

• Major version bump because I added code to read MAC and VLAN data from Q-Bridge MIBs. This enables SwitchMap to handle devices from vendors other than Cisco. I've tested it on Juniper EX2200, EX8200, MMX480 and QFX3500s. Unfortunately, SwitchMap doesn't detect trunking correctly on some of these devices. Baby steps :-)
    • Added GetMacsFromQBridgeMib.pm.
    • Refactored MAC-fetching code out of PopulatePorts.pm into GetMacsFromCiscoMibs.pm. Still leaves over 1000 lines in PopulatePorts.pm. Oh well.
    • Added WritePLookupDirectory.pm, which isn't useful outside my site.
    • Added GetVlansOnPorts.pm and some other code to show VLANs that are defined on trunk ports. Very nice, thanks to Guus Houtzager.
    • Increased the buffer size on SNMP calls by adding "-maxmsgsize => 5000" to calls to Net::SNMP->session. Thanks to spegghy69.
    • In SwitchUtils::GetWhatViaCdp, add 2 lines to delete imbedded newlines and carriage returns from the strings learned via CDP. Thanks to PCL.
    • Modified PopulatePorts.pm and a few others to handle switches that support the Cisco STACK MIB, but only partially. This means the code now handles Cisco ME3600s. Thanks to Imran Malik.

• Andrew

Andrew - 2013-02-11

The new code does not appear to be able to handle reading VLAN info for Foundry/Brocade equipment yet. Let me know if you have any tips for me to get this to work or if there is anything I can do to assist with improving support for Foundry.

I also noticed that with 13.0 I'm getting this message each time I run SwitchMap.pl which I didn't previously get:

Prototype after '@' for GetVlansOnPorts::SetVlansOnOnePort : @$ at /var/lib/switchmap/GetVlansOnPorts.pm line 53.
      Prototype after '@' for GetVlansOnPorts::SetVlansOnPorts : @$ at /var/lib/switchmap/GetVlansOnPorts.pm line 77.
      Name "ThisSite::GeneratePLookupFiles" used only once: possible typo at /var/lib/switchmap/SwitchMap.pl line 597.

• Isendel Steel

Isendel Steel - 2013-02-12

Hi Andrew - I had the same issues.

Name "ThisSite::GeneratePLookupFiles" used only once: possible typo at /var/lib/switchmap/SwitchMap.pl line 597.

Is due to additions in ThisSite.pm - there are a few extra sections towards the bottom of the file which look like they need to be added (this one appears to be specifically for one of Petes tools)

I resolved the other two statements by changing them to "$@" on the referenced lines (not sure if that was correct but the issue has cleared).

Last edit: Isendel Steel 2013-02-12
  • Andrew

Andrew - 2013-02-13

Thanks! I made the two corrections you mentioned and added this to ThisSite.pm to eliminate the other error:

$GeneratePLookupFiles = 0;

• ryan

ryan - 2014-01-29

Hey guys, can you please specify what steps you did to clear the issue?