The attached patch (against CVS HEAD) fixes the following
- m4 macros not installed into DESTDIR
- Darwin specific LDFLAGS not passed to libtool
- use CFLAGS -fno-common on Darwin to avoid issue
detailed in swig patch #775635
- switched tcl module building to use stubs in all cases,
there is no reason to support building non-stubs tcl
modules nowadays, indeed no common tcl extensions
build without stubs anymore...
in particular, build libswigtcl using stubs as well
and don't link it with libtcl.
- on Darwin, tcl module building needs specific values of
TCLSO & TCLLDSHARED & TCLCXXSHARED
in particular, tcl modules on Darwin are .dylibs
and not .bundles ever since around tcl 8.3.2,
unlike modules for pyton/perl etc.
- use more settings from tclConfig.sh:
TCLSO, TCLLDSHARED, TCLCXXSHARED
the last three only on Darwin at present, may
work on other platforms as well; in particular
this abstracts away the above Darwin specific issue
with tcl module linking.
- in all tcl examples/tests, load the library using
file extn obtained from [info sharedlibextension]
to abstract away platform differences.
With these changes, swig sucessfully completes all tcl
tests on Darwin built against tcl 8.4.4.
To build swig against Tcl built as a framework (now
standard build style on Darwin, will be included with
OS X 10.3) use:
./configure \ --with-tclconfig=/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework
Log in to post a comment.