I just found out that I was unable to access elements from a std::list in Perl. After some mails in the users mailing list I figured out that other languages, like Python and Ruby, have accessors and setters for std::list.
My time, and my understanding on the std_list.i file for Perl is not complete, and therefore I just hacked it a little to implement a get method. Together with the size method (already available) it makes it possible to fetch elements from the list.
In the future I might try to implement a method to return the full list as a standard Perl list (not sure how hard that would be). But that or an iterator would be the preferred solutions (I know).
So, for now I would thank if you could accept this patch for the next release (although incomplete).
Log in to post a comment.