From: William S Fulton <wsf@fu...> - 2012-04-19 21:28:41
*** ANNOUNCE: SWIG 2.0.5 (19 April 2012) ***
We're pleased to announce SWIG-2.0.5, the latest SWIG release.
What is SWIG?
SWIG is a software development tool that reads C/C++ header files and
generates the wrapper code needed to make C and C++ code accessible
from other languages including Perl, Python, Tcl, Ruby, PHP, Java,
Scheme (Guile, MzScheme, CHICKEN), D, Ocaml, Lua, Pike, C#, Modula-3,
Octave, R, Common Lisp (CLISP, Allegro CL, CFFI, UFFI). SWIG can also
export its parse tree in the form of XML and Lisp s-expressions. Major
applications of SWIG include generation of scripting language extension
modules, rapid prototyping, testing, and user interface development for
large C/C++ systems.
The release is available for download on Sourceforge at
A Windows version is also available at
Please report problems with this release to the swig-devel mailing list,
details at http://www.swig.org/mail.html.
--- The SWIG Developers
- Official Android support added including documentation and examples.
- Improvements involving templates:
1) Various fixes with templates and typedef types.
2) Some template lookup problems fixed.
3) Templated type fixes to use correct typemaps.
- Autodoc documentation generation improvements.
- Python STL container wrappers improvements including addition of
- Approximately 70 fixes and minor enhancements for the following
target languages: AllegroCL, C#, D, Go, Java, Lua, Ocaml, Octave,
Perl, PHP, Python, R, Ruby, Tcl, Xml.