From: William S Fulton <wsf@fu...> - 2010-06-02 22:01:31
*** ANNOUNCE: SWIG 2.0.0 (2 June 2010) ***
We're pleased to announce SWIG-2.0.0, the latest SWIG release.
What is SWIG?
SWIG is a software development tool that reads C/C++ header files and
generates the wrapper code needed to make C and C++ code accessible
from other languages including Perl, Python, Tcl, Ruby, PHP, Java,
Scheme (Guile, MzScheme, CHICKEN), Ocaml, Lua, Pike, C#, Modula-3,
Common Lisp (CLISP, Allegro CL, CFFI, UFFI). SWIG can also export its parse
tree in the form of XML and Lisp s-expressions. Major applications of
SWIG include generation of scripting language extension modules, rapid
prototyping, testing, and user interface development for large C/C++
The release is available for download on Sourceforge at
A Windows version is also available at
- License changes, see LICENSE file and http://www.swig.org/legal.html.
- Much better nested class/struct support.
- Much improved template partial specialization and explicit
- Namespace support improved with the 'nspace' feature where namespaces
can be automatically translated into Java packages or C# namespaces.
- Improved typemap and symbol table debugging.
- Numerous subtle typemap matching rule changes when using the default
(SWIGTYPE) type. These now work much like C++ class template partial
- Other small enhancements for typemaps. Typemap fragments are also now
official and documented.
- Warning and error display refinements.
- Wrapping of shared_ptr is improved and documented now.
- Numerous C++ unary scope operator (::) fixes.
- Better support for boolean expressions.
- Various bug fixes and improvements in the Allegrocl, C#, Java, Lua,
Octave, PHP, Python, R, Ruby and XML modules.
Please report problems with this release to the swig-devel mailing list,
details at http://www.swig.org/mail.html.
--- The SWIG Developers
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.