Some more progress checked-in at https://github.com/KrisThielemans/swig
* fixed problem in typecheck for passing mxArray (was still using Octave classes)
Therefore we can now write functions that take mxArray objects and do something clever with them.
* emit autodoc for functions (and remove Octave-specific texinfo stuff)
In some cases, the documentation string still contains C++ types as opposed to matlab types (this is indicated as a TODO in matlab.cxx).
There is still no class documentation (not sure where I'd get it from anyway).
This is now working well for me. A few remaining problems:
- the memory problem with "clear all" from the previous email
- I think we need to change the solution for indexing (I don't think we can rely on the user making a "getitem" function)
- in a few cases, I'm still missing a set function for variables (derived class?)
- no automatic test cases (swig tests don't work on windows as far as I can see, and I don't have matlab on linux at present).
- no documentation