Features

goldencut
2016-02-28
2016-11-03
  • goldencut

goldencut - 2016-02-28

Does SS take any command line arguments? Like maybe a word to search for (SwiftSearch.exe some_song.mp3)? It would be cool to be able use SS in 'Send To' menu and so on.

•  

- 2016-03-01

Nope, sorry. I'm confused what functionality you would expect from invoking it from "Send To" though. Also, there's a console version in the v1.5 folder, and if I remember correctly it takes a couple of arguments:

Accessed less than 1 hour ago:

SwiftSearchConsole.exe -A:-1h D:

Modified more than 7 years ago:

SwiftSearchConsole.exe -M:+2556d D:

• Comment has been marked as spam. 
      Undo

You can see all pending comments posted by this user  here

Anonymous - 2016-03-04

Thanks. I would like to send the search string from command line not using text entry box. I'd like to use GUI (so not console) version of the program: SwiftSearch.exe "some words I want to search". For example I would select notepad.exe in Explorer window and using SendTo menu would send it to SwiftSearch.exe which would then find all duplicates of notepad.exe on my HD.

•  

- 2016-11-03

I just saw your comment (when you post anonymously it goes into a moderation queue that doesn't notify me). Hm I see... that may be a possibility. If I don't get around to it in the next month or so feel free to remind me!

• goldencut

goldencut - 2016-03-04

If possible I would send file or folder names directly (via batch file that strips the path) to SwiftSearch (GUI!) form Explorer using SendTo menu:

SwiftSearch.exe notepad.exe

or

SwiftSearch.exe some_file.jpg

This would find all the duplicates of notepad.exe (or any other file) on my hard disk.

Anonymous

Cancel  Add attachments

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks