Menu

Command-line features

goldencut
2016-02-28
2018-05-06
  • goldencut

goldencut - 2016-02-28

Does SS take any command line arguments? Like maybe a word to search for (SwiftSearch.exe some_song.mp3)? It would be cool to be able use SS in 'Send To' menu and so on.

• -

- - 2016-03-01

Nope, sorry. I'm confused what functionality you would expect from invoking it from "Send To" though. Also, there's a console version in the v1.5 folder, and if I remember correctly it takes a couple of arguments:

Accessed less than 1 hour ago:

SwiftSearchConsole.exe -A:-1h D:

Modified more than 7 years ago:

SwiftSearchConsole.exe -M:+2556d D:

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2016-03-04

Thanks. I would like to send the search string from command line not using text entry box. I'd like to use GUI (so not console) version of the program: SwiftSearch.exe "some words I want to search". For example I would select notepad.exe in Explorer window and using SendTo menu would send it to SwiftSearch.exe which would then find all duplicates of notepad.exe on my HD.

• -

- - 2016-11-03

I just saw your comment (when you post anonymously it goes into a moderation queue that doesn't notify me). Hm I see... that may be a possibility. If I don't get around to it in the next month or so feel free to remind me!

• goldencut

goldencut - 2016-03-04

If possible I would send file or folder names directly (via batch file that strips the path) to SwiftSearch (GUI!) form Explorer using SendTo menu:

SwiftSearch.exe notepad.exe

or

SwiftSearch.exe some_file.jpg

This would find all the duplicates of notepad.exe (or any other file) on my hard disk.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2018-04-03

I want SwiftSearch.exe command line version that would extract results to a human-readable file like CSV or TXT, which would be great for our automation tasks, with courtesy of SwiftSearch developers of course.

• -

- - 2018-04-03

Hi! I'm confused, does the existing command-line version not do what you want? (See SwiftSearchConsole.exe in the Version 1.5 folder for example.)

Anonymous
Anonymous

Add attachments
Cancel