Sweet Home 3D is a free software designed to draw the plan of a home, arrange furniture on it, and display the result in a 3D view or video.
Sweet Home 3D is aimed at people who wants to design their interior quickly. The user may:
- draw the rooms of each level of his home upon the image of an existing plan,
- change the color or the texture of the walls, the floors and the ceilings,
- drag and drop doors, windows, staircases and furniture onto the plan from a catalog organized by categories, in which he can import 3D models created by himself or downloaded from Google 3D Warehouse and other various web sites,
- change the size, the orientation, the elevation, the color and the texture of each piece of furniture,
- view the changes made in the plan simultaneously in the 3D view, either from an aerial view point, or from a virtual visitor view point,
- draw dimensions, compute areas and add texts to the plan,
- create a photorealistic image from the 3D view depending on light sources and sun location, and export it at PNG format,
- create a video from a virtual path in the 3D view and export it at Quicktime MOV format,
- print the home plan and the 3D view, or export them to a PDF file,
- export the plan to SVG format, and the 3D view to OBJ format to reuse designed plans in other software.
Sweet Home 3D is available in 19 languages and may be run under Windows, Mac OS X 10.4 to 10.7, Linux and Solaris with Java Web Start from project web site at http://www.sweethome3d.com/ , with installers bundled with Java available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/sweethome3d/download , or with an applet available online at http://www.sweethome3d.com/SweetHome3DOnline.jsp?trial=true .
The version 3.4 provides support for multiple levels, staircase holes in upper floors, improved drawing magnetism of walls and rooms, and other enhancements and bug fixes described at http://www.sweethome3d.com/history.html .
Log in to post a comment.