Hello, thank you for reading.
For my personal project, I have been using a lot of models that other people have made. Their .obj files use .tga images for their textures, so whenever I try to import these into SH3D, I have to go through a lot more work, which looks like this:
- Convert the .TGA to .PNG using external software
- import the furniture without any texture, (so now my new import shows up pure white by default)
- import the PNG version of the texture separately,
- place the furniture on the map,
- use the modify furniture menu to manually tell the program what texture it should be,
- and send a quick prayer to the machiine spirits that I don't need another copy of that furniture anywhere because then I have to go through the modify process all over again.
If the wonderful people at SH3D added .tga compatability, that would make my project go so much faster. :)