Menu

support for newer gps units

Developers
2010-03-28
2013-04-24
  • justin doiel

justin doiel - 2010-03-28

any word on support for ublox 5 binary protocol support?

• Steven Waslander

Not really,

I am planning to use the code in an upcoming project, but most likely with the OEMStar from Novatel.  You should check out RTKLIB which seems to outdo this effort on every level.

Cheers,
    Steve

• TL Cary

TL Cary - 2010-09-16

Thank you Steven. It's a very interesting project.
    As far as I can tell RTKLIB is a very mature rover (real time or post processing) development.

Your project provides both rover and base station. Is that correct? Does your base station use a standard protocol that the RTKLIB project can utilize? And, since I can't find a Superstar II receiver, are there any other options?  Would you be interested in help developing another option, it's at least close to something I have some knowledge and experience writing, (no promises though).
    Cheers,
    Terry

• Steven Waslander

Hi Terry,

In fact, my base station code only sends information to the rover.  The position accuracy only works relative to a fixed base station, and all measurements on the rover are the distance from this base.
    The OEMStar II is now available and should work with SweetGPS (maybe some minor changes in the parsing of the receiver protocol).  I would be happy to help switch this code over to e.g. the Ublox LEA-4T, which would require a bit more rewriting, but again, it is only the parsing of the data from the receivers that would change, the main calculations would be the same.
    Cheers,
    Steve