So, finally I have assembled a new release of SvxLink. One of the news is
improved support for Alsa OSS emulation. Binary packages are now also
available for Fedora Core 2.
Most work has gone into the development of the SvxLink server. It now can
act as a repeater, DTMF detection has been improved, CTCSS squelch has
been implemented, improved sound clips.
Unfortunately I have no real repeater hardware to try my software on so the
repeater logic has not been tested in a real situation. It would be really
interesting if someone would want to try it on real hardware.
This is the complete ChangeLog:
* Separate reader and writer in the same application can now open the
audio device at the same time. The device is automatically set to full
duplex operation. Previously, only one AudioIO object could have the
device opened at a time.
* Added an environment variable that make it possible to disable the use
of the trigger functionality when opening an audio device. This was
necessary to make Alsa OSS emulation work. Set
ASYNC_AUDIO_NOTRIGGER=1 to disable the use of the trigger
* Decreased the audio buffers in the audio device to make audio playback
* Now able to use an unmodified GSM library include file.
* New method: isRemoteInitiated.
* Made the RX indicator a bit snappier.
* Added some prebuffering on incoming audio to avoid choppy playback.
* A SvxLink server node can now act as a repeater system.
* Added periodic identification.
* Improved sound clips.
* Improved DTMF decoding algorithm.
* ModuleEchoLink: Now printing out incoming chat messages.
* ModuleEchoLink: Now only printing out incoming info messages if it
differs from the last message received.
* CTCSS squelch implemented. Usage of this is recommended over using
the vox squelch. Make sure that your receiver let the CTCSS frequencies
* Fixed the Parrot module so that the whole FIFO is played. Previously
only 15 seconds was played.
* Now possible to set the length of the Parrot module FIFO in the config
file. That is, it is now possible to set the maximum recording length.
* ModuleEchoLink: "Connecting to <callsign>" is now announced before
73 de SM0SVX / Tobias