Install Errors and Login Looping

mpp4manu
2012-09-28
2013-05-14
  • mpp4manu

mpp4manu - 2012-09-28

When installing SVN access manager 0.5.5.4 on a Red Hat EL 5 server running Apache 2.2.3, PHP 5.4.2, and MySQL 5.5.23, there are issues with functions that have been removed from PHP 5.4.  Specifically, the session_is_registered and session_register functions. 

Also, there are database errors where attempts to insert initial values result in the insert being rejected because it does not contain a default value (example, svnuser.modified_user).  The initial insert statement has no value for modified_user, which in and of itself is not a problem, however the table is created with that column being NOT NULL, yet without a DEFAULT value.

The PHP problems can be overcome by commenting out the superfluous session_register function call, which is followed by  $_SESSION variable initialization.  At least I think that overcomes the problem.

The other function problem is with session_is_registered.  This can be overcome by using something like:

if(isset($_SESSION (

The database issues can be corrected by updating the table definitions for the affected columns and inserting DEFAULT '' in the column definition.

After you do all of the above, the installation completes.

However, when trying to login, it seems to accept the password I set for the SVN admin (svnadmin), but then it simply loops around and displays the login screen again.  I know the code is getting as far as the function check_session from the main.php page, but I don't know what's happening after that.

I have little expertise in PHP, so any help would be appreciated.

• Thomas Krieger

Thomas Krieger - 2012-10-03

Hi,

thanks for testing SVN Access Manager against PHP 5.4. Honestly I must say I didn't do any tests in this direction yet. The login loop seems to be an issue regarding the session handling. As you mentioned some deprecated functions are gone and therefore you have this problem.

I have to look into php docs to see how session handling works in php 5.4. Until this time I think you should better use PHP 5.3.

Kind regards

Thomas

• Thomas Krieger

Thomas Krieger - 2012-10-25

Hi,

did you have time to test SVN Access Manager together with PHP 5.4? The current release should now work with PHP 5.4. Feedback would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Thomas