Dear friends and colleagues,
we are happy to announce the latest release of SUMO.
Below is a list of the major changes since the previous release. You can
find the full list here.
- fixed bug which caused vehicles to brake without good reason
- flow on a highway will no longer come to standstill just to let vehicles from an on-ramp merge.
- vehicles now manage to change to the necessary lanes much more often and thus avoid having to stop and block upstream traffic.
- vehicles now use all lanes of a multi-lane roundabout instead of only the outer lane.
- fixed several bugs which caused instantInductionLoops to miscount vehicles
- fixed error in a car-following related formula which was causing collisions
- Right-click now always resolves to the correct object again.
- TraCI now returns the “netto” occupancy (without minGap) as other
- outputs do
- Traffic light program changes via TraCI now takes effect
- immediately instead of one step later. (Thanks to Christoph Sommer for
- reporting and fixing this problem)
- fixed crash when repairing routes with intermediate dead-end edges
- fixed bug where roundabouts sometimes had incorrect right-of-way
- added vType-attribute laneChangeModel for customizing the lane
- changing behavior. Allowed values are DK2008 (the model used until
- version 0.18.0), JE2013 and LC2013 (the new default model).
- Vehicles moving across junctions now consider the exact crossing
- points at which their paths intersect with other vehicles when
- deciding on their speed. This leads to smoother traffic flow across junctions.
- Teleport warnings now always include a reason. For a vehicle that
- is teleported because its waitingTime exceeds time-to-teleport the reason
- can be:
- wrong lane: when the vehicle was stuck on a lane which did not allow it to continue its route,
- yield: when the vehicle was stuck on an unprioritized road and did not find a gap in traffic or
- jam: when the vehicle could not continue because there was no space on the next lane
- now drawing blinkers to visualize a vehicles desire to change lanes
- (this is only noticable if a vehicle cannot change lanes immediately).
- when drawing a vehicles route, the lanes which the vehicle intends
- to use are highlighted where this is known (previously the rightmost lane
- was always used).
- Added hotkeys Ctrl-A, Ctrl-S, Ctrl-D for running, stopping and
- stepping the simulation
- Added a menu for opening the object locator dialogs. Using the menu
- hotkeys allows searching for simulation objects without using the mouse.
- The vehicle parameter dialog now also contains informations related
- to the vehicle type.
- lane change requests now have a higher priority by default and will
- thus succeed much more frequently.
- added new command *lane change mode
- (0xb6)*http://sumo-sim.org/wiki/TraCI/Change_Vehicle_Stateto control
- conflict resolution between TraCI-lane-changing request and
- lane-changing decisions by the laneChangeModel. It also allows
- to override
- safety constrainst and to trigger cooperative speed adjustments to better
- fulfill change requests.
- The python API throws now a TraCIException on recoverable errors
- (such as an unknown vehicle id) and brings the system in a
- consistent state
- added possibility to remove waiting cars inspired by Bob
- major refactoring of input parsing, it is now possible to mix
- trips, flows and vehicles in one file
- stops are respected on routing
- modified naming conventions for internal lanes (see complete change
- log for details)
We thank all contributors and wish you all the best.
Marek, Laura, Melanie, Jakob, Michael, and Daniel