The core of STXXL is an implementation of the C++ standard template library STL for external memory (out-of-core) computations, i.e., STXXL implements containers and algorithms that can process huge volumes of data that only fit on disks. While the compatibility to the STL supports ease of use and compatibility with existing applications, another design priority is high performance.
What's new in 1.3?
* parallel mode can be turned on for stxxl algorithms selectively (i.e. without enabling it for the the non-stxxl part of an application)
* support for latest compiler versions
* I/O-layer adjustments to avoid performance decrease with recent kernels
* support for arbitrarily large I/O requests (syscall file), will be split internally if necessary
* improve support for input files with a partial last block
* many, many bug fixes
* many under-the-hood improvements
* Added several new test programs.
* For a detailed list, please read the the CHANGELOG file.
Log in to post a comment.