The core of STXXL is an implementation of the C++ standard template library STL for external memory (out-of-core) computations, i.e., STXXL implements containers and algorithms that can process huge volumes of data that only fit on disks. While the compatibility to the STL supports ease of use and compatibility with existing applications, another design priority is high performance.
What's new in 1.2.1?
* Added support for the libstdc++ parallel mode (successor of MCSTL), requires g++ 4.3.2 or later.
* Fixed locking problem in recursive block allocation.
* Fixed problem in sorters where blocks were released too early.
* Properly destroy singleton objects and remove temporary files at program end.
* Simplify and unify thread and mutex handling.
* Print I/O statistics also in a human readable way.
* Add c++0x style const_iterator cbegin()/cend() to all containers.
* Add a special file mem_file type intended to ease debugging.
* Always use std::numeric_limits<...>::min/max().
* Build system: improved dependency handling.
* Added several new test programs.
* Lots of small fixes and many more changes. For a detailed list, please read the the CHANGELOG file.
Log in to post a comment.