Structure Synth is a cross-platform application for generating 3D structures by specifying a design grammar. Even simple systems may generate surprising and complex structures. Structure Synth offers a graphical environment with multiple tabs, syntax highlighting, and OpenGL preview. Integration with third-party renderers (such as Sunflow and POV-Ray) is possible using a flexible template based export system.
Binaries for Windows (XP and Vista).
Mac binaries available soon.
Linux is still source only.
Download instructions at:
New features since (0.9.5):
- Added a 'Recent files' menu entry.
- Optional depth-first recursion (using 'set recursion depth')
- Added application icon.
- Support for a new generic 'template' primitive
A new Template Export Browser:
- Shows the defined primitives in the template (highlighting used and missing).
- Integrated XML editor with syntax highlighting for quickly modifying the template.
- Automatic unique filename generation.
- Define output width and height.
- A post modification window allows you to modify the output before saving.
The template XML syntax has been updated:
- A new 'description' element.
- The 'substitution' element is now called 'primitive'
- Added 'defaultExtension' tag.
- Added 'runAfter' tag.
For more information see:
Log in to post a comment.