Menu

msr206

Help
2006-07-23
2013-04-17
  • SoSadNovice

SoSadNovice - 2006-07-23

i have the reader/writer but the Msr206 software requires me to press read before the corresponding read light will activate the device. Please help. How do I bypass this obstacle?

• fortschreiten

fortschreiten - 2006-07-23

I might be able to help you if you can provide some more information.  My first thought is that you may be able to short the pins on whatever button you must press (or maybe replace the button with a switch).  That way, it's always set to "read."  However, the hardware may not work like this, it may be look for the read button to go high, then drop back low. 

I could probably be of more use if you could either send me the datasheet for your reader, or send some high quality pictures of its circuitboard.  My email is my name at gmail's site.

If all else fails, You could simply bypass the entire TTL circuit in the reader, and wire an audio jack to the magnetic read head. You then could use the software below to read you magstripes:

http://www.sephail.net/articles/magstripe/

Since you can get the binary output with dab (a program in the link above) you can either parse it with dmsb (also above) or with Stripesnoop.

Hope some of this was useful.  If you can grab some pictures of your reader, I'd love to see it.