Uttukku - 2014-05-28

Hello everyone,

I'm a complete noob when it comes to this stuff, but I've gotten an interest in these magnetic stripe cards and RFID identification technologies just recently. A friend of mine gave me his old POS machine (Radiant systems p1210-3200) and 2 extra MSRs with the part number FT9005AB. I was wondering how I would be able to get card data with stripe snoop (which I haven't installed yet on any machine) on a POS system that has a built in card reader.

I've been fiddling around with the POS and can't figure out how to get input from the MSR (or if it is capable of writing to cards either). It's running an embedded version of MS windows XP and came pre-installed with some software for configuring device settings for its terminal function I think. That software is called S64 Decoder if that is of any indication.

I've checked under the device manager and nothing really stands out to me (since I am a noob) as to what device controls the input/output from the MSR. My best guess is under "Multi Function Adapters" it shows NetMos 9835 PCI multi-I/O controller, but I'm really not sure!

Any input is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Last edit: Uttukku 2014-05-28