Menu

Laptop Troubles

riscphree
2005-04-24
2013-04-17
  • riscphree

riscphree - 2005-04-24

So, I finally got a reader, its a Magtek 21080057 (rather big with two cables) and I want to be able to use StripeSnoop on my laptop which only has USB ports on it (god damn technology and killing the game ports and serial :P ) so, have you gotten anywhere on USB acidus? or, if you have any refrences for me, I might be able to hack something up. lemme know what my possibilites are for using this reader :) thanks!

• grayeul

grayeul - 2005-04-24

I have no idea whether this would be useful or not.... but a quick search shows some USB to PS2 adapters.  This might provide an interface that could be used.  I have not idea how it shows up on the software side --- and I suspect there may be great differences between Linux and Windows, but connectiveity wise,  they might provide an option.
      As an example see:
        http://www.clickykeyboards.com/index.cfm/fa/categories.main/parentcat/11298

• riscphree

riscphree - 2005-04-24

the problem with that is how SS gets the info from the reader. acidus says he is working on USB connectivity, and  I dont know how far along he is.

• lyos

lyos - 2005-05-08

I don't know much about PS2... but from what I've seen and heard PS2 is just a serial port in a different form. Ya'll might want to look into that. Also... I am currently working on a project much like Acidus's parallel port adapter... but instead of just the gameport to parallel and back... this adapter box will allow for gameport/serial/parallel/USB/PS2 interfacing. This is just the hardware side of things though... as I am useless in C/C++ programming side of things. Acidus... if I ever do manage to get that box made... I will contact you with details. Perhaps I could even send you one.
      Lyos Gemini Norezel