Menu

Card information (UK)

2008-12-19
2013-04-17
  • - 2008-12-19

Hello,
    Thought I'd try make a post here as it seems to be the most active place for SS still :)
    I've got a Mini magswipe "TMSR-33-K" reader and have run a number of cards through (student cards, debit/credit cards and other stuff) but I don't really get much info off from them.
    Is the database primarily US based or should it pick up all sorts of data from any card?

If I cd to the dir in terminal then ./ss -c it'll give generate my 16 digit card number, surname and initials. I then get 'Card Contents: which some are the card details, other half I'm not sure of, then No Match in Database

Would like to hear from some UK folks regarding this topic, and what they have found :)

-P

• Denver Gingerich

The Stripe Snoop database is fairly limited in general.  It can determine some types of credit cards as well as AAMVA drivers' licenses (used in North America) and a few gift cards.  Aside from the drivers' licenses, I wouldn't say North Americans are significantly favored in the database.  You are free to add your own formats to Stripe Snoop, although development on the program is not as active as it used to be.

I am working on a library that can read card formats specified by regular expressions, which will be much easier than writing a separate set of C code for each supported card type.  Hopefully I will be finished soon so the results can be incorporated into Stripe Snoop.  I also intend to have a GUI application which uses the library that will be able to present all the data in a user-friendly way.  If you have any questions about the library, I'd be happy to answer them.