Menu

Pin for card present?

Wil
2005-05-21
2013-04-17
  • Wil

Wil - 2005-05-21

I know that the current version doesn't detect this.
    (1.6)

I've read that pin 14 is the intended connection.

Correct?

I'm using one of the readers from All Electronics.  If I connect the CP lead, will it cause problems?

• Charles Sullivan

There was a post by a member of this forum which stated that the CP can be connected to the DB-15 (gameport) pin 14 and I repeated that information in my instructions for the "No-solder Gameport connection".   I haven't spotted anything in Acidus' documentation to confirm that (although I may not have looked hard enough).

Be that as it may, I had wired my own gameport adapter with the CP connected to pin 14 and there's no problem under SS-1.6 Alpha.

The only danger I see is that if you're using one of the RJ-11 to DB-15 adapter kits and don't have an extraction tool, you won't be able to change the pin if required for SS-2.0.  Obviously if you're using a soldered connection to the DB-15  you can always change it later.

I'm hoping Acidus will provide some alternatives in SS-2.0.  I had patched SS-1.6 Alpha to allow using either of the two available channels on a gameport and wired a track 1+2 reader I have accordingly.  But this prevents use of the CP line.

Regards,
      Charles Sullivan

• grayeul

grayeul - 2005-05-23

I believe the plan for 2.0 relies on a config.xml file to control where certain signals are expected.  Currently it does this by the config file specifying which status bit to check (as opposed to actual pin number).

In any case, I doubt you will need to re-wire, but depending on how the config.xml file is created, you may have to end up editing it by hand to get an 'odd' configuration.  Hopefully this can be handled better, but the editing is always a fallback.

grayeul